The Top 3 Things That Make a Bride Shine on Her Wedding Day
Your wedding day is touted as one of the biggest days of your life, and it certainly feels that way. Every bride wants to look her very best on this special day, and even though the all important wedding gown plays a key role in ensuring that this happens, there is more to being that radiant bride than just finding the perfect dress.
Here are the top 3 things that every bride should pay attention to if they want to really shine on their wedding day.
Making sure your bridal hair is just right – for you!
Your hair isn’t called your crowning glory for nothing. Ensuring that you wear the right bridal hairstyle for your wedding day is so important, and believe it or not, it has less to do with what the current trend is, and more to do with what suits you and your personality. Finding the right bridal hair professional for the job will go a long way towards making sure you truly shine on your wedding day, and these tips won’t hurt either:
- Make sure you have a bridal hair trial. Try about three different hairstyles and don’t forget to bring along your headpiece if you’re wearing one.
- Let your bridal hairstylist know what your wedding theme and style are. This way, they will be able to suggest looks that go with the overall theme and feel.
- Be open to suggestions. You never know, that hairstyle you thought you could never pull off just might surprise you.
- Take photos during your bridal hair trial. Bring a friend along for an honest opinion, and take photos of your bridal hairstyle from every angle so you know exactly how it looks.
- Don’t forget to wear a button-front shirt or dress when getting your bridal hair done on your wedding day. The last thing you want is to have to pull your t-shirt up and over your finished bridal hairdo.
While you should shine on your wedding day, your makeup shouldn’t
Much like your bridal hair, choosing the right makeup professional for your wedding day makeup is absolutely crucial. Ask around for recommendations, narrow the list down to a couple of makeup artists, and do bridal makeup trials to find the makeup artist (and look) for you.
Also, don’t forget the following pointers:
- If you’re wearing a wedding gown that exposes your chest, arms, back or legs, you might want to apply a non-transferable shimmer lotion so that it doesn’t look flat and blotchy in comparison to your perfectly made-up face.
- Always choose waterproof formulas when it comes to your wedding day makeup.
- Too much highlighter will only make you appear as if you have very oily skin. Keep the highlighter to just your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, and the inner corners of your eyes.
Perfect bridal hair and beautiful makeup cannot make up for a stressed out, overtired appearance
Finally, and this is perhaps the most important thing a bride needs to remember, don’t neglect your beauty sleep! It might be difficult to sleep with so much to do and the excitement of your wedding day looming, but our daily rest isn’t called “beauty sleep” for nothing.
Try not to stress out too much in the weeks leading up to your wedding, make sure you’re eating and sleeping well, and get lots of rest (if you can) the day before your wedding! A haggard, exhausted bride is not a bride that will shine on her wedding day, so rest up to ensure that your natural beauty shines through as well!
For immaculate bridal hair on your special day, chat to a specialist at one of our bridal hair salons in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne today.